JTEC as an entrusted organization by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications of Japan as well as a member of DiBEG*, provides technical support for the spread of Japanese digital TV standard, ISDB-T to Latin American countries.
The Emergency Warning Broadcast System (EWBS) is one of the key features of ISDB-T and is expected to be introduced as a national communication system for emergency situations. The “EWBS Superimpose Dissemination System” by adapting to numerous local requirements in Latin America, has successfully been developed in Japan. Taking advantage of the robustness of the ISDB-T “One-seg” technology, making maximum use of the existing broadcasting networks, this system realizes simple utilization and wide coverage with outstanding reliability. This system has already been introduced to some Latin American countries and been evaluated highly. Japan continues technical cooperation so that EWBS can contribute to disaster prevention and mitigation in these ISDB-T adopting countries.
*DiBEG (Digital Broadcasting Experts Group)
ISDB-T Promotion Group consisting of Japanese broadcasting-related
organizations and companies
- NewPresentation in International Training Course “Digital Terrestrial TV Broadcasting (DTTB) ,Policy and Engineering / JICA2022”
- NewPresentation in International Training Course “Digital Terrestrial Television and Early Warning Systems 2022 (Applications and Experiences)” in Peru
- Exhibition in SET Experience 2022 "JAPAN Pavilion", in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Visiting to National Institute of Research and Training of Telecommunications, National University of Engineering (INICTEL-UNI), Ministry of Transportations and Communications (MTC), National Institute of Radio and Television of Peru (IRTP), and National Institute of Civil Defense (INDECI) in Lima, Peru.
- Presentation in ATTAC Annual Meeting 2022 in San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Presentation in APT Training Course "Online seminar/workshop course for the effectiveness of radio broadcasting in rural areas where the limited broadband network."
- Exhibition in SET Experience 2021 "JAPAN Pavilion", in Brazil (Link to external site)
- EWBS pilot project being implemented in Nicaragua was reported at the international conference of “World Tsunami Awareness Day 2021” in Mexico. (Link to external site)
- Presentation in International Training Course “Digital Terrestrial Television and Early Warning Systems 2021 (Applications and Experiences)” in Peru
- Peruvian disaster management institution “INDECI” began installation of 400-set EWBS receivers in various strategic institutions located in tsunami flood zones in Peru. (Link to external site)
- Presentation in ABU DBS 2021 (Digital Broadcasting Symposium)
- Presentation in APT Training Course ”Online seminar/workshop course for the effectiveness of radio broadcasting in rural areas where the limited broadband network.”
- Exhibition in SET Experience, Brazil
- Publication in New Breeze 2020 Autumn, ITU Association of Japan
- Presentation in International Training Course in Peru “Digital Terrestrial Television and Early Warning Systems (Applications and Experiences)
- Presentation in IEEE BTS Webinar
- Exhibition in NAB Show Express, USA
Please send e-mail to following e-mail address with your name, e-mail address, title and contents are written.